Tell us a little about yourself! Or how would you describe yourself?
I was born and raised in Cape Girardeau; I went away to school for a couple of years and am so happy to live in Cape with my husband, kiddo and two dogs. I’m passionate about Cape Girardeau and make a point to experience and enjoy my community.
I love to read, I like to run, I love wandering around parks, trails and downtown with my 2-year-old in his wagon and my dogs. I’ve been spending more time with my sewing machine lately in a quest to improve my (very novice) sewing skills.
What’s your idea of happiness?
A pretty day with my family spent exploring, or a good book or a new sewing project, a great cup of coffee and some quiet.
How are you connected to Downtown Cape Girardeau?
I work downtown, and have for the last six years! I’ve always loved our downtown and have spent a good amount of my free time here, too.
What do you love about our community?
I love the warmth and friendliness you get in Cape Girardeau. I’m not just buying a cup of coffee at Dynamite, I’m supporting Katie and Rob and hearing what’s happening in their world. I can get vegetables at a grocery store, but Emily with Laughing Stalk Farmstead knows how I like my kale – who else knows that?! I value the relationships I have very much, and many of those are unique to downtown.
What would you like to see added or improved downtown?
- I’d love to see some love given to the alley between Spanish/Main Streets; I know that gritty infrastructure projects like that aren’t always fun to deal with, but that’s a biggie that needs to be addressed.
- I get the reality of store hours, but having some shops/other spots open until 7, even a few nights a week, would get me downtown more.
- I’d love to see space designated for people to create art; the floodwall? Maybe it could be painted over every xx months.
- A splash pad or playground would be a big hit, I’d imagine.
- Can the market be year round? Seriously. I might cry when it ends in October, that’s our favorite thing to do!
- We need a gourmet popsicle store. Maybe I’ll just open one, because we need this.
What’s your motto?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (Einstein, not me!)
Besides Downtown Cape, where’s your favorite place to be?
Home or the mountains.
What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
I’m a huge X-Files fan. I want to believe!